Junior National Honor Society
A big thank you goes out to all of our students and staff involved this school year in NJHS. This year has been amazing! Here is a list of activities and achievements:
All NJHS members documented 10 hours of volunteer service this school year (new inductees documented 5 hours)
- Examples: 12 NJHS students volunteered for 2 hours each to help Stuff the Bus for Bright Futures in July
- Several NJHS students volunteered for 2 hours for the 7th grade Orientation Night at CJJH;
- Most of the NJHS members volunteered all day for Special Olympics serving as Buddies to individual athletes/packing and serving 500 lunches/providing a Victory Village for the athletes, and many served 6-8 hours to prepare for the Special Olympics day!
- A number of NJHS students served the JH teachers lunch before school began; many more provided food.
- NJHS officers volunteered at Watered Gardens – preparing for their annual Christmas dinner.
- NJHS designed and sold T-shirts in order to raise funds to be able to give CJ T-shirts to all new students to wear on Fridays this year!
- NJHS Tailgated before a Home Varsity game – social event
- 6 current CJHS NHS Senior members shared tips for High School at our November NJHS meeting. NJHS meets once a month during Bulldog Block.
- NJHS collected unused school supplies during locker clean-out for our school supply closet.
- NJHS sold “Crushes” at Valentine’s day in order to raise $300 for St. Jude’s Hospital
- NJHS inducted 103 new members on March 14th, Dr. Cook was our featured speaker. NJHS has 160 current 7th and 8th grade members.
- A Nacho Bar was provided by NJHS during Teacher Appreciation Week. NJHS also made signs for each teacher’s door!
- Alisha Bailey was selected as 1 of 500 students in the Nation for the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award – she received a $500 college scholarship