- Carl Junction Schools
District Report Card
Last year you may remember us sharing that we received 97.8% on our Annual Performance Report (APR) from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The APR is our annual “grade card” from the State. It looks at performance standards like MAP/EOC scores, graduation rates, attendance rates, ACT scores, and more to determine accreditation and performance levels.
This year, the State has changed the way they provide results of the APR, which means that an overall percentage score is not assigned to school districts. However, what is shared are data points focused on growth to help us meet student needs.
We have great news to share again this year! Although there is not an overall percentage point to share from the State, below is a summary of this year’s APR results.
- English, math, and science achievement is HIGHER than the state average across the district. Social studies was not included this year.
- The district is above the STATE AVERAGE in the percentage of graduates who are college and career ready at 80.6%. Also exceeding the percentage of graduates earning advanced or vocational credit at 74.8% and the percentage of graduates employed, in the military, or seeking further education at 92.3%.
- The district’s attendance rate SURPASSES the State’s expectations at 92.6%.
- The district’s Four Year Graduation Rate falls in the State’s Exceeding Expectations category at 93.6%.
- The ACT composite score for the Class of 2019 is 22.3 with 70% of our graduating seniors testing. This is well above the State and National ACT average. This composite is the highest it has been in the last five years and the second highest since 2003 (the highest was 22.4 in 2014). In addition, while all the content area scores improved, the largest gains were in Reading with a 23.3 score. That is a significant improvement and is directly related to our high school and districts’ focus on incorporating literacy in all content areas.
Although APR and other measurement results are important, the Carl Junction School District continues to be focused on the growth of our students from year-to-year. There has been an intentional focus on goal setting and addressing individual student achievement. Our students and staff work hard every day to reach new learning targets.