Headlines & Features
Jr. High School Supplies: Students should bring basic school supplies to school on the first day. These include pens, pencils, notebook paper, folders with brads, PE clothes, and a scientific calculator. Individual teachers will ask students to bring additional items as needed. District School Supply List
Report Bullying or Violence through Sprigeo Hotline: You may submit anonymous reports of bullying and violence to through the Sprigeo reporting system. Click the link below to go to the online report. Your report will be reviewed on the next regular school day. If you need to report an emergency, please call 911.
CJ Days: Every Friday is a CJ Day. Students & Staff are encouraged to wear RED & WHITE. Students are dismissed at 1:55 pm
Parents are encouraged to contact the Junior High with questions specific to their child by phoning (417) 649-7246. Questions may be directed to:
- Building secretaries Kim Massey and Mitzi Klute - general questions.
- Counselors Ben Withers (email@example.com) and Lori Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org) – schedules and other counselor related matters.
- Athletic Director Doug Buckmaster (email@example.com) – athletic and activity related matters.
- Principal Scott Sawyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Assistant Principal Randy Heatherly (email@example.com)
It is sincerely an honor to work with the students and families of this community and we look forward to our renewed partnership with you. On behalf of the Carl Junction Junior High, thank you for the opportunity to work with your children!
- Parent letter from Mr. Sawyer
In accordance with Missouri state law, all incoming 8th grade students must have a T-DaP booster before attending their first days of 8th grade. Please contact your family’s doctor or the Jasper County Health Department to make arrangements for your child to receive this booster shot. Please provide a copy of your child’s updated shot record to the Junior High office. Records may be faxed to 417-649-0022 if desired and please make sure your child’s name is clearly visible. Contact our Junior High office with questions regarding religious or medical exemptions for your child at 417-649-7246.
Students may be dropped off at the Junior High beginning at 7:30 am each morning.
Click here to download the Electronic User’s Policy (EUP)
There are many ways to be involved with your student at the Junior High:
- Attend Parent/Teacher conferences in October
- Attend Athletic or Activities at the school with your student
- Pick up another copy of the current book your student is reading and discuss the book with them as you both read it
- Have your student show you how to do their math homework. It is sure to be a challenge!
We are always looking for mentors for our Junior High students. If you would like to be a mentor for a student call Bright Futures at 417-649-7026 ext. 2234.