When there is bad weather and the school must cancel, the district may declare a “Virtual Learning Day.” On these Virtual Learning Days, students will Zoom in with their teachers and follow the class times on their schedule for each period. That means students will Zoom in with their first-period teachers starting at 8:00 AM, their second-period teachers at 8:54 AM, and so on. Students and teachers are not expected to Zoom for the entire 50 minutes each period, but instead to touch base with one another, get instructions for today’s lessons, and answer questions. Here are some more details:
- Students will follow their schedules and Zoom in to class each period when the district declares a Virtual Learning Day. We will always follow the Monday-Thursday schedule, even if the missed day is a Friday.
- Students will find the Zoom invitation on their teacher’s Canvas page.
- Attendance will be documented, so encourage your child to Zoom in on time. Again, your child will not be Zooming for the entire 50-minute class for 7 periods each.
- Work will be graded. The activities and assignments are not enrichment activities and students will be given credit for their work. Each of your child’s teachers will explain activities and assignments for the day once your child has logged into Zoom and class has started.
- Virtual Learning Days are meant to keep teaching and learning on track for your child in the event school is canceled. Students will of course be expected to avoid classroom disruptions and other disciplinary issues.
- The student should take their Chromebook and charger home every day in case a Virtual Learning Day is needed.
- Students who do not currently have reliable Internet at home for their Chromebooks will be given paper copies. These are graded, just like electronic copies. These paper copies will be made available to students without reliable Internet near the start of each month. These will only be used if the school is canceled and a Virtual Learning Day is needed.
- If school is canceled, and the district has a Virtual Learning Day, then this day does not need to be made up at the end of the year when the weather is nice!
Junior High Monday-Thursday bell schedule:
- 1st period 8:00-8:50 AM
- 2nd period 8:54-9:44 AM
- 3rd period 9:48-10:38 AM
- 4th period 10:42-11:32 AM
- Lunch 11:36-12:26 PM – No Bulldog Block
- 5th period 12:28-1:18 PM
- 6th period 1:21-2:11 PM
- 7th period 2:15-3:05 PM