SCHOLARSHIPSThe Carl Junction High School Counseling Office hopes all students will take advantage of the opportunity to apply for scholarships that will help them further their education. Scholarships listed on this website have been made known to us. This is not an exhaustive list. Students should research scholarships on their prospective college/university/technical school website as well.For scholarships that are specific to a college/university (institutional scholarships), visit the college admissions/financial aid site as soon as possible. Many area college websites can be accessed by clicking the "College Information" link on the left.Scholarships are organized on the left hand links and are listed below by the month of their deadline. It is to the student's advantage to look ahead at upcoming scholarship deadlines to begin completing scholarship applications.Deadlines listed are based on the most recent information our office has received.Check official scholarship websites for possible changes.= designates local scholarship
1) Write neatly! Always use black or blue ink. If possible, typing your information is preferred.
2) Double check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
3) If you need counselor or teacher letters of recommendation, give plenty of advanced notice - at least two weeks is customary.
4) If you need a transcript, give Mrs. Whelan (CJHS Registrar) advanced notice.
5) If you have an essay to write, ask your English teacher to proofread the essay for you.
6) Don't leave anything out of the application, fill in all areas, and submit all required documents.
7) Watch deadlines and submit applications on time!
8) If you receive a scholarship, write a thank-you note to the selection committee.
9) See your counselor if you need help.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
Scholarships are listed for the user’s convenience only. The CJHS Counseling Office does not endorse any of these scholarships or contests except for the Carl Junction local scholarships that are identified with this symbol . We caution students and parents to be aware that personal information submitted on the paper applications or over the Internet has no guarantee of privacy. Read each website’s privacy statement before submitting any personal information, including your email address. It is important for every applicant to research all pertinent information regarding the scholarship application and requirements in this file or on the scholarship sponsor’s website.