Free & Reduced Lunch Information
Carl Junction R1 School District
Food & Nutrition Department
- The Carl Junction School District participates in the National School Breakfast & Lunch Program. We are an offer vs. serve district, which means we offer 4 food items at breakfast and the student must take 3 of the 4 food items offered. At lunch, we offer 5 meal components and the student must take 3 of the 5 components and 1 component must be either a fruit or vegetable, to qualify for the free/reduced meal program or the full-pay school meal pricing.
- Reduced breakfast is .30 cents reduced lunch .40 cents.
- Full pay breakfast is $1.25, full pay lunch K-6 $2.50, 7-12 $2.65, Adults $3.35.
- Students K-4 are given a lunch ID card, students 5-12 have a lunch pin number.
- Students are given a free/reduced meal application as a part of the online Back-to-School registration or as requested. Meal applications may be filled out throughout the school year if needed. Reduced and full-pay students are required to maintain a positive meal account. Once a student’s account reaches $5.00 a LOW balance notice is sent home via phone/email. This is a courtesy so that your child’s meal account will not fall into the negative. Once a Junior High or High School student’s account falls negative, we are not able to offer that student meal services. Students K-6 may charge up to a negative $5.00, but services will not be offered after the negative $5.00 has been reached. Students will have the opportunity to call a parent to make an online payment or to bring a meal to the student. Students eligible for free meals will need to keep a positive balance if they are getting extra milk with a lunch tray, getting milk with a meal from home, or extra portions at the Junior High or High School level.
If you have any questions you may contact:
Becky Baird or Mary Matney at 417-649-7026
If you are unable to view or download the application, please call us at 649-7026.