Gifted Program Update: Due to the COVID-19 school closure, the deadline for referring students for gifted program screening/testing and turning in all associated forms has been moved to May 21, 2020. Referrals and all associated forms must be turned in by May 21, 2020, in order for students to be scheduled for testing.
Instructions for Turning in Forms: If you currently have teacher and/or parent forms to turn in (Nomination Forms, Gifted Rating Scales, and/or Permission to Test Forms), there are two ways to do so:
- Forms may be dropped off or mailed to the Carl Junction R-1 Central Office. Be sure to address the forms to Kristin Riley, Carl Junction Gifted Program. If mailing forms through the Postal Service, the Central Office address is: 206 S. Roney St., Carl Junction, MO 64834.
- An alternative method for turning in forms is to scan them or photograph a clear image of them, attach the file(s) to an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for New Referrals: If you would like to refer a student for gifted program screening/testing, you will need to do so as soon as possible. Referrals and all associated forms must be turned in by May 21, 2020, in order for students to be scheduled for testing. A screening packet will be prepared and will be sent to you either through postal mail or by email attachment. Email new referrals to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name and grade level of the student being referred
- Who is referring the student (parent, teacher, or both)
- Whether you would like to receive the gifted screening/testing packet through postal mail or by email attachment
- Your postal mailing address and email address
Requesting Replacement Forms: If you requested forms on or prior to March 13, 2020, and have lost or misplaced those forms, you will need to follow the "Instructions for New Referrals" to request replacement forms.
Checking on Form Receipt Status (Forms Sent on or Prior to March 13, 2020): If you returned forms on or prior to March 13, 2020, you may check on the status of receipt of those forms by emailing your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing Dates: Gifted testing is scheduled to take place in June if possible. We will know more about the possibility of testing in June following the direction schools receive from Governor Parson on/after May 4, 2020. In the case that June testing cannot take place, we will plan for other testing date options.
For more information see the handbook below or email Kristen Riley.