Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
Please click on the course titles on the left-hand side for detailed course information. To read more information on the Project Lead the Way Program for engineering offered at Carl Junction High School, click here. To read more information on the Project Lead the Way Biomedical Science program offered for CJHS students at Carthage Technical Center, click here.
To help prepare all students for the global workforce, the College Board and Project Lead The Way (PLTW) have partnered on a program to encourage student participation in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) courses and build their interest in STEM degrees and careers. The program leverages the success of the College Board’s Advanced Placement Program (AP) and Project Lead The Way’s applied learning programs.
The program has three elements:
- College and career pathways that connect AP and PLTW courses
- Recognition for students who participate in the pathways, and recognition for schools
- A portfolio of career-focused opportunities for students
Each pathway emphasizes applied learning and consists of three components:
To learn more about the pathways and recognitions, click here.
PLTW specialization courses that focus on knowledge and skills needed for rewarding careers
- PLTW courses designed to introduce all students to the field
- AP courses and exams that provide an opportunity for advanced placement and/or college credit