A+ Schools Program
At Carl Junction High School, we believe that the education of all students is important, regardless of their plans following high school. The Missouri A+ Schools Program is designed to ensure that all high school students will be provided selections of courses, career counseling, technology and/or workplace skill development opportunities appropriate to their career goals.
Carl Junction High School has been selected by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as an A+ Schools site. The A+ Schools Program guides students in a rigorous program of academic and technical education that will prepare them for the workplace, post-secondary vocational/technical training, or college. Therefore, the A+ Schools Program encourages students to focus early on a career path and set a goal which includes some training beyond high school.
A significant part of the A+ Program is its financial incentive. As long as state funds remain, this incentive provides state-reimbursed tuition to qualified students who continue their education at a Missouri public community college or Missouri vocational/technical school. In order to qualify, students must:
- Attend an A+ designated high school for two years prior to graduation and graduate from high school with a minimum 95% attendance
- Graduate with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring
- Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end-of-course assessment (class of 2015 and beyond)
- Maintain good citizenship
- Sign a drug testing consent form and participate in the Carl Junction drug testing program
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Register with selective service (males only) www.sss.gov
Students who take credit recovery and/or who attend CJU are not eligible for A+.
If you or your parents have any questions concerning the A+ Schools Program, please feel free to contact the A+ Office at 649-7081 and ask for the appropriate office/extension. The A+ Coordinator will gladly answer your questions.