DUAL CREDIT / DUAL ENROLLMENT / DISTANCE LEARNING
Students at Carl Junction High School have the opportunity to earn dual credit through local colleges.
ACT scores and other admission requirements along with tuition and fees are subject to change at the discretion of the college/university at any time. Carl Junction High School does not have control over the cooperating colleges' cost or the timeline of notification. Some courses may require students to purchase consumable books or online pass keys. These are the responsibility of the student.
Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) requirement: The eligibility of high school students to participate in dual credit courses may vary in accordance with the admission standards of the college/university offering the courses in high school. However, for all institutions, students must have a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) or be recommended by the high school principal or his/her official designee according to the following:
- High School Requirements
- 11th & 12th grade - Overall GPA of 3.0, (OR)
- 11th & 12th grade - Overall GPA of 2.5-2.99 and must provide signed letter of recommendation from principal or school counselor and parent or legal guardian, (OR)
- 10th grade - Overall GPA of 3.0 and must provide signed letter of recommendation from their principal and school counselor, and provide written permission from parent or legal guardian, (OR)
- 9th grade - Overall GPA of 3.0; score at the 90th percentile or above on the ACT or SAT; must provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal and school counselor, and provide written permission from parent or legal guardian.
- College Requirements
- Qualifying Exam Scores - most colleges require students have a qualifying ACT score on file with the counseling office before the first day of that class.
- Payments and Fees are made directly to the college. Schedule of payment due dates vary according to each college. Enrollment information contains payment schedule and is given to students at time of enrollment.
>>Please review the list of courses below for specific requirements for each dual credit course.
>>Students taking dual credit classes are encouraged to contact the college they plan to attend to check for credit transferability. Some dual credits will be transcribed as elective credit if it is not required for a particular major or general studies requirement. Contact the college/university website to locate a transfer equivalency chart.
>>The transfer equivalency guides and general education requirements for the top five post-secondary schools that CJHS students attend are listed at the bottom of this page (Crowder College, Missouri Southern State University, Pitt State University, Missouri State University, University of Arkansas). Use these guides to determine transferability of dual credit courses.
- High School Requirements
Crowder College Dual Credit Courses
Crowder College Placement Exam (Accuplacer)
Students not meeting the required ACT prerequisite score may contact Crowder College to determine if a placement exam score will be accepted. Contact Crowder College (Webb City: 417-673-2345; Neosho: 417-451-3223) to schedule a placement exam at either location. A copy of the Crowder College Placement Exam (Accuplacer) Chart is found at the bottom of this page.
Accuplacer Study Guides
To prepare for an Accuplacer placement exam, click here.
- To study for the Reading section, review Reading Sample Questions.
- To study for the Essay section, review WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays.
- To study for the Math section, review in this order:
Missouri State Dual Credit Courses
MSSU Dual Credit Courses
PAYMENT NOTICE: Students with a balance remaining from a previous semester of dual credit will result in the student not being able to take any additional dual credit. Also, each college has a rigid payment schedule as well as a course drop policy. Failure to complete a required drop form (if needed) by its deadline will result in student/parent being held responsible for payment.
DUAL CREDIT TRANSCRIPTS
Seniors - If you took DUAL CREDIT courses at CJHS, you must request your official transcript form the awarding college be sent to the institution you will attend in the fall. This can be done at the end of your last semester at CJHS.